Welcome to the Rochester City School District and James P. B. Duffy School #12! Your child is enrolled in a high-performing school that strives to meet the needs of each and every child we serve.
Our full-day kindergarten program includes:
- Math Investigations, a hands-on program fostering mathematical discovery. Students explore real life problems and develop a deeper understanding of numbers
- Centers-Based activities to develop language skills through daily language labs that promote development of linguistic and social skills
- Kinder Corner Early Learning Program with monthly themes
- Kinder Movement to develop fine and gross motor development
- Instruction in special subjects - Art, Music, Physical Education and Library
- Strong Start program, for children who are identified within the first two months of school to receive enrichment services designed to meet individual child and family needs during the important first year of formal education. The program’s goals are to promote the academic success and social-emotional health of participating children and their families
And for Parents:
We look forward to having your family as part of the School #12 family and consider this the beginning of a long-term partnership where we provide many years of high-quality education to make your child a successful and well-rounded individual.